BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. Our ratings allow all market participants to price and manage risk. BeZero’s ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors, and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 100-strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. Our head office is in London, and our people work from six continents.
BeZero is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our nascent Product team. This role would focus on work across internal & external applications and features, such as Earth observation, analytical solutions and data products.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial self-starter to join at the early stages of taking a climate tech platform to market and help the product organisation build and develop the team and functions. BeZero provides an unparalleled opportunity to build and work on products which sit at the cutting edge of climate and financial technology.
We’re looking for a competent and ambitious all rounder who can manage multiple tasks, projects and stakeholders concurrently. Someone who is an entrepreneurial self-starter who can comfortably and confidently run their own work streams and deliver at pace. The role will be a mix of strategy and delivery but will be focused on execution in the short-term. It will report to the Chief Product Officer.
- Build out the product strategy for relevant products, including positioning, sequencing, execution
- Create and iterate product roadmaps
- Codify and align business and user outcomes across relevant products
- Run product discovery process and user research cadence on a dual track of parallel discovery and delivery
- Be an advocate for the ‘North Star’ product vision internally and externally
- Deliver products through structured processes, with clear and effective prioritisation and clear interfaces with other parts of the business (e.g. Engineering, Content delivery)
- Ensure documentation of new product features and enhancements
- Own the capturing of requirements, story writing and backlog for your aspect of the product
- Ensure smooth and regular product shipping from a well defined delivery model and closely collaborating cross-functional team
- Communicate product updates internally and externally, including holding product demos and show and tells
- Put data and metrics at the heart of the product delivery life cycle, interpreting analytics data and feeding insights back into the product flow
- Lead the go-to-market strategy for the respective features & products
Our ideal candidate will have:
- ~3-6 years experience as a Product Manager, with ambitions to stretch themselves and take on more responsibility
- Background in ratings or data businesses in a B2B context preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify, define and deliver initiatives
- Comfort manipulating and interpreting quantitative data from product analytics
- The ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-growing company
- Preferred: Interest or experience in carbon markets, or environmental / climate change topics more broadly
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive remuneration and opportunity for equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options
- Opportunity to be a core member of the product function within a high-growth environment
- Potential to grow into increased responsibility quickly
- The chance to build products for customers that include some of the largest companies in the world
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Flexible working arrangements: A central London office space (Old Street) if you wish to work from an office, but opportunity to work completely remote as well.
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday)
- Private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, and a health and wellness cash allowance.
- Opportunity for share options.
- Regular social events
Our interview process:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Second interview (30 mins) + skills test
- Final interview (45 mins) with senior management
- Reference checks + offer
We value diversity at BeZero Carbon. We need a team that brings different perspectives and backgrounds together to build the tools needed to make the voluntary carbon market transparent. We are therefore committed to not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.