BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. Our ratings allow all market participants to price and manage risk. BeZero’s ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors, and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 100-strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. Our head office is in London, and our people work from five continents.
For more information visit www.bezerocarbon.com.
BeZero is looking for an exceptional candidate with a background in Environmental Sciences and expertise in REDD+ or Forestry to join our carbon credit ratings team. The ideal candidate would have experience of the Voluntary Carbon Offset Market. We are looking for a driven, creative and intellectually curious individual excited by the prospect of working at an innovative start-up aiming to rethink and rebuild a decarbonised economy.
The role will be focused on researching the science and evidence behind different types of forestry offsets and continuing to build our database of evidence and ratings. It will also require interacting with clients and external stakeholders through calls, presentations, reports, blogs etc. Strong written, presentational, and oral communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate will bring a depth of knowledge in their area of expertise and the ability to create effective messaging for a diverse audience. The candidate will report to BeZero’s Director of Carbon Ratings and can work remotely or from our London-based office on GMT hours.
- Research forestry projects in the voluntary carbon market
- Expanding and developing our ratings model
- Curating our literature database
- Participating in feature development for our tech platform offering.
- Writing research reports on market trends and dynamics.
- Attending conferences and events representing BeZero Carbon
- Working towards monthly targets.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Have an academic background in Earth and / or Environmental Sciences
- Have a postgraduate degree and relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated expertise in forestry and / or REDD+
- Have strong written and spoken communication skills
- Have a strong research background and analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Be comfortable speaking to high-level clients and external stakeholders
- Have a strong understanding of the voluntary carbon market and the risks offset projects face
What we’ll offer:
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Flexible working arrangements: A central London office space (Old Street) if you wish to work from an office, but opportunity to work completely remote as well.
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday)
- Private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, and a health and wellness cash allowance.
- Opportunity for share options.
- Regular social events
Our interview process:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Skills test
- Second Interview
- Final interview with senior management
- Reference checks + offer